Saturday 7 July 2012

what does music mean to you?

Is music just something to break the silence? Can you not live without it? what does music mean to you?


DICTIONARY DEFINITION: 

  1. The art or science of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.
  2. The vocal or instrumental sound produced in this way.




YASMINE L: 
Music is my life. It is my form of love. If I didn't have it, I wouldn't be the person I am. Music makes the world go around. Its rhythm is our heart beat, its harmony the people who surround us. The melody is the gospel of our lives.


Music is what lets us grow from a tiny seedling to a towering tree. It alone waters our roots, and feeds us new soil.
Without music, our world would wither, and us with it.
Music is life.

TIARA S: 
Music is a pull towards my inner self. It's something that I can go to realize how I feel about something: if I feel my heart pull towards an angry song, I know that I'm mad at something and I need to find out what it is and fix it. My method works with pretty much everything: heartbreak, love, bliss, tranquility, hurt, understanding... Music is my heart being poured out to me. I love to show people new songs because it truly becomes a part of their life. If you saw my playlist on itunes, you would see me: you would see my heartbreaks, my happiness, my inside jokes, my memories, the people that i love.
Music seriously is everything to me.

GEORGIA C: 
To me, music is something used to express ones emotions, when a song comes on that relates to how you are feeling, you feel a spark light up inside of you, as if you want to scream "Someone understands me!", but I could live without music, which I doubt amy would agree with; It is great to listen too, and writing songs for me, is a good way to get my point across, however I could live without it. 

DAN P: 
Music is too vague a concept. There is a particular genre of music that I love and choose to have in my life. All other types, I could live without. I am fully a snob when it comes to my music. I prefer music that is energetic, lively and uplifting. if it doesn't have those qualities, I won't even listen to it. An instrument, a voice, a lyric, they all must have the same qualities or I can't be bothered with it.The worst thing you could say to me is "listen to this". I am likely not to like it and you are likely going to be offended that I don't.My music can moves me to tears. My music makes me want to move. My music can give me chicken skin (goosebumps) when I hear a particular sound or octave range. My music can transform my mood in any situation.My music -- not all music -- is a source of joy for me.Music may soothe the savage beast -- but my music is a source of joy for me, not a way to calm myself down.

RICKY MARTIN: 
I could never accurately explain the affect music has on me. Of course the essense of pleasure lies in an involuntary stimulation of the brain, but music is capable of expressing what words and gestures cannot. Its communicative power is infinate. It transcends the limitations of verbal language and I find that COOL, yunno?When I hear a good piece of music, I am reminded of the beauty in the world and derive a certain comfort in the knowledge that humans are capable of creating it. I consider the ability to manipulate sound so as to stimulate the brain to be something like a gift from the gods, and thus beget my admiration for great composers, bands and artists.It's the best and most reliable solace I have in this world in that the power of music is infinite. Words are a human actualisation, but music, infinite music, is the language of the divine. I could never explain in sensical detail what it means to me. It transcends sense. I am unworthy and incapable of explaining what music means to me.


GABRIEL C: 
It's the only true friend who you can have complete trust with, and it can change any mood to anything. 



COMMENT BELOW TO TELL US WHAT MUSIC MEANS TO YOU.






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Hey there, we're Georgia and Amy, and we are here to tell you about the latest charts, music from the 'old times' and new times, new music, our favourite music videos, and we will be recommending music that we think is good.